- 1 ½ cups Lily’s Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 cup Mesca Sweet
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- (Optional) ½ cup chopped nuts/dark chocolate chunks/etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, coat 8x8 in pan with non-stick spray. **
- Microwave chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat (mashed and beat) ** avocados & sugar until creamy. Beat in cooled chocolate.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk cocoa, flour & salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Beat in add-ins & pour into pan.
- Bake for about 30 min or until toothpick inserted into middle of pan comes out clean.
- Cool, cut, and serve! **
- For non-stick spray I use a spray extra-virgin olive oil because it is the most stable at high heats.
- To mash the avocados, I start with a fork, then use a hand mixer at medium-high speed to beat the lumps out of them.
- I also like to add a sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt to the top of the brownies right out of the oven to make the chocolate pop even more.